Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Networksuite stopped working on Win10 and Win81 machines with TestComplete12.42

SOLVED
HD
Contributor

Networksuite stopped working on Win10 and Win81 machines with TestComplete12.42

I run tests on a distributed setup with multiple virtual machines with different OS (Win7, Win81, Win10) using TestComplete\TestExecute 12.1.590

I recently upgraded to ver12.42.3048 and suddenly Networksuite stopped working on Win10 and Win81 machines (Win7 machines work with 12.42).

When I Verify Host with login mode set to "Automatic(Console Session)" (this is what I used with ver12.1) or "Automatic (RDP session)", I get following error - "Verification Failed: Unable to create a user session on remote computer".

Host verification works with "Manual" login mode, but I cannot use it to run tests.

Both Win10 and Win81 setup still works with ver12.1, so what has changed in ver12.42? All my machines are set based on TestComplete documentation on distributed testing requirements (https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/advanced/distributed/requirements.html)

I am not sure what I am missing here? Can someone please help me?

12 REPLIES
Community Hero

Re: Networksuite stopped working on Win10 and Win81 machines with TestComplete12.42

I suggest that you contact Support directly at this link:

https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

HD
Contributor

Re: Networksuite stopped working on Win10 and Win81 machines with TestComplete12.42

I already did. But I am looking for anyone who faced similar issue and found a solution.

Contributor

Hi, 

Have you found the solution for this?
I think we are facing the same issue.

We are running our test on a remote desktop windows server 2016 machine with test execute installed.
We made a setup before on a windows server 2012 and we haven't get any issue. 
We are getting "10 (Unable to create user session)" when we don't access the server 2016 machine while running the test. But when we access it while running the test, the job runs successfully.

Any idea?

Jeff 

Community Hero

What it sounds like is that something is preventing the user session to open on the remote machine.  TestComplete needs to be able to create a user session with an interactive desktop.  If it cannot do so, it cannot run.

Have you contacted support?  The previous poster supposedly did so... I would do that as well.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

I’ll be talking about “Hidden Treasures – TestComplete Script Extensions” at #SBConnect in October! Who’s joining me? Click here for tickets
Extensions available
HD
Contributor

I have been going back and forth with Support. Its been 2 months and they have not found any solution so far.

If more people log issues, that might put pressure on Support to find a solution sooner.

Community Hero

@TanyaGorbunova Can you help out with this?

HD
Contributor

I found a workaraound for this issue:

• I have updated VMs to Auto-Logon to test account.
  • And In My TC project, changed the LogonMode property on Host to "Manual"

This works for me becuase I use Virtual machines on a Hyper-V so these VMs are not physically accessible. But If you have machines that are physically accessible, then Auto-Logon  will be very unsecure.

Highlighted
Contributor

I am facing the same issue.  Can you please help me.

What do you mean by Auto-login on Win10vm? How do you set this up?

HD
Contributor

Here is how you setup auto-logon: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/324737/how-to-turn-on-automatic-logon-in-windows

This feature allows machine to automatically login to an account as soon as it comes online.

Share Your Stories
Read Latest News
Top Kudoed Authors