Forum Discussion

shejuti
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago

Need to read text of the tree view nodes WndClass=TElTreeView

I am trying to read the text of some nodes. The class of the tree view is TElTreeView. I could not read the properties. I have tried this link- https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/26318/ but it isn't actually working because in my case it gets null for the node. I need to read the text (e.g. 'Rash;fungal') from the list. Has anyone tried this and able to work with this control. Help would be much appreciated.

8 Replies

Wamboo
    Community Hero

Hello,

Could you take a screenshot of this object with ObjectSpy?

And the code you wrote?

Is the application in 'Debug' mode?

shejuti
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The application is in debug mode. I am attaching the objectSpy screenshots. I have tried accessing the nodes with below codes-

Aliases.CRS_Client.wndPatientClinicalRecordForm.PatientPageControl.TElTabSheet.PatientHistoryFrame.pnlLeft.pnlSummaryViews.xppSummaryViews.ElPageControlSummary.tabProblems.EltreeProblems.TElTreeView.SelectItem(0)

Aliases.CRS_Client.wndPatientClinicalRecordForm.PatientPageControl.TElTabSheet.PatientHistoryFrame.pnlLeft.pnlSummaryViews.xppSummaryViews.ElPageControlSummary.tabProblems.EltreeProblems.TElTreeView.ClickItem(0)

Aliases.CRS_Client.wndPatientClinicalRecordForm.PatientPageControl.TElTabSheet.PatientHistoryFrame.pnlLeft.pnlSummaryViews.xppSummaryViews.ElPageControlSummary.tabProblems.EltreeProblems.TElTreeView.ClickItem("Pain;ankle", 0);

But I get message- "The focused TreeView node has no children." even the methods from object recognition doesn't work on this.