Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name Mapping too big ?

djt
Occasional Contributor

Re: Name Mapping too big ?

Hi again

When I right click on the parent I just get the standard prompt as attached - nothing about recursing through parents - but it does seem to have mapped them all and that bit of the test still runs, so I guess I now plod through the rest 

Thanks for you help and prompt replies

Dave

Community Hero

Once you select either of the two given options, THAT's when you'll be prompted for the additional tree items... again, assuming they haven't already been mapped somewhere.

FYI, I almost always choose the "Choose name and properties manually" option.  While TestComplete does a decent job of identification, I prefer to apply my own names for our naming conventions as well as have a choice of properties so I can build out something more robust.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
djt
Occasional Contributor

So anyone else coming across this post knows, the lock up issue was not caused ny the size or compelxity of the name mapping file - it was because source control was enabled.  Once that was turned off the system ran as normal.  

2018 NEWS
Top Kudoed Authors