Forum Discussion

dsmith1405
New Contributor
6 years ago

.NET grid error "Text editor is invisible and thus cannot be activated"

Attempting to edit a field in a properties box gives me an error:

Additional info in TestComplete:

Tested object:

Aliases.Sal_Studio.HwndSource_appWindow.WinFormsAdapter2.C1FlexGrid.ag (Sys.Process("Sal.Studio").WPFObject("HwndSource: appWindow").WinFormsObject("WinFormsAdapter", "", 2).WinFormsObject("C1FlexGrid", "", 2).WinFormsObject("ag", ""))

Tested object:
Aliases.Sal_Studio.HwndSource_appWindow.WinFormsAdapter2.C1FlexGrid.ag
(Sys.Process("Sal.Studio").WPFObject("HwndSource: appWindow").WinFormsObject("WinFormsAdapter", "", 2).WinFormsObject("C1FlexGrid", "", 2).WinFormsObject("ag", ""))

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Based upon your screenshot....  Yes, the text editor is invisible.  If this grid is like many other grids, in order to get to the actual text editor component, you need to actually click in the cell to "activate" the editor.  Try adding a "click" call to click into the desired cell.

dsmith1405
      New Contributor

I've tried both click and dblclick. dblclick is what gave the resulting error in the description. Click gives the following error:

The test object was not found when executing the Keys command:

Aliases.Sal_Studio.HwndSource_appWindow.WinFormsAdapter2.C1FlexGrid.ag

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

OK, then the next question comes down to how are you identifying or mapping the text editor?  It could be that your identification of the text editor is too generic.  I'm assuming that the grid has multiple text editors available and that, depending upon which cell is double clicked on is when it becomes visible and enabled. If your identificaiton of the editor object is not specific enough to be the one you're looking for, you could get that error.