Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Node Lock Licenses

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Multiple Node Lock Licenses

@gdave wrote:

However, we are unable to host main project on our shared drive as it makes TC very slow. This is an organizational infrastructure limitation and we aren’t able to resolve this.

So as a work around, till date I use to host the main project on my local C: drive (as TC works seamlessly when access via C: drive). A copy of the project was also saved on shared drive as a backup. Once or twice every week I would manually copy the project file from C: drive over to the share drive to create most up to date back up.

Now the above model worked fine until now (since I was the sole user). However with the introduction of additional user I don’t see this model working. The last user to save the backup file will overwrite the changes made by the other user.

@AlexKaras @Marsha_R 

Hence, source control is the way to go.  GIT or Mercurial are free so you're not buying a new tool.  But definitely, you'll need to implemnet something like this.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Multiple Node Lock Licenses

We are using GIT from source control. It works like a charm.

But more important is an agreement of how to structure and write your test and code. 

We have an agreed way of structuring namemappings, so they are uniform and easy to find. Also fuctions/Keywords and so on need to be within some degree of uniform naming and structure. The more people you are, them more this matters.

I may also suggest build a framework within TC, and refering to this from the tests. Making maintainability less and readbility higher.

Works really well for us. We are about 15 testers contributing to the automated tests in different way. So we need to know what is going on always,

Br,

Christian

Br,
Christian
Personal notebook/Blog: www.testtech.dk