Forum Discussion

scot1967
Frequent Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Multiple NameMap Configurations

I have been looking at NameMap configurations and I am trying to understand how to keep unique namemap configurations.  I have created a simple NotePad namemap with three configurations.  If I change...
    sonya_m
    5 years ago

Thank you Wamboo. It is a great way to learn TestComplete indeed. Lino does awesome training classes.

scot1967 I am glad to hear you figured everything out! Let me add the solution to the comment here so that people would be able to find it quickly!

>>

There was nothing wrong.  The configurations are stored in the namemap repository in multiple entries.  You can't add something to one map configuration without adding it to the others.  If you change an identification property like changing an index on a control from 1 to 5 in one of the configurations you will see that change unique to the configuration you changed it in. I was not looking at things correctly.  It's working fine.

Ugly details for those who want to see it 'under the hood' Note the 3 storages entries and the Index value of 5 verses 1 for the 1st line of 3 for Index.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Root Signature="{5DCBAC3B-D39C-497C-9BE8-744CBADD37AA}" NameMappingVersion="6" SaveImages="0">
    	<Storages Current="0">
    		<Child Name="NotePad Configuration" />
    		<Child Name="Fred" />
    		<Child Name="Ginger" />
    	</Storages>
    	<Nodes Name="NameMapping" Key="{BE401E45-B2D6-4FBA-931A-C2117D5C51AD}" ParallelWalk="True">
    		<Children>
    				<Children>
    					<Child Name="notepad" Key="{71D7FD85-3927-48DD-9734-D3D3FF74E093}" ParallelWalk="True">
    						<TypeInfo Item0="{B09EB6FD-5507-41A8-8A81-07D377B1825C}" />
    						<Properties>
    							<Property Name="ProcessName">
    								<Value PropertyType="0" Value="notepad" Type="5" />
    							</Property>
    							<Property Name="Index">
    								<Value PropertyType="0" Value="5" Type="0" />
    								<Value PropertyType="0" Value="1" Type="0" />
    								<Value PropertyType="0" Value="1" Type="0" />
    							</Property>