Forum Discussion

SZ_1
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Microsoft JScrip runtime error "Object not a collection"

I use test script to test my Desktop application written in Winform c#.
I started to get Microsoft JScrip runtime error "Object not a collection" when try to find an object using TestComplete Find method.

The test scrips have not been changed for a while and suddenly this error started on so many different objects.

The only thing change on my PC I can think of is that I have .Net 4.7.1 installed, previously was 4.6.2

• Hi SZ_1,

Will it help if you add some delay before calling Find?

delay(500);

3 Replies

SZ_1
    Occasional Contributor

I have attached the image of the error.

I should mention that if a put a break point at the Find statement and step over it, there would be no runtime error mentioned above. The error occurred if a ran the scripts without break point at the Find statement.

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi SZ_1,

Will it help if you add some delay before calling Find?

delay(500);
        StefanieYou
        New Contributor

TanyaYatskovska , I met the same issue.

Below is the script, it's written in VB

Dim LibraryCollection
        set LibraryCollection=Aliases.Inventor.AInventor.Pane_AssetBrowser.tvw_Asset.WPFObject("TreeViewItem", "", 3)
        Call Aliases.Inventor.AInventor.Pane_AssetBrowser.tvw_Asset.ExpandItem("|[2]") 'expand project library node
        Dim TargetAsset
        set TargetAsset=LibraryCollection.WPFObject("TreeViewItem", "", 1).WPFObject("TreeNodeBorder")
        Call TargetAsset.ClickR(55,5)
        TargetAsset.PopupMenu.Click("[4]") 'right click the target asset and edit 

delay(20000)
        Common_Routines_Factory.RefreshNamemapping
        While Aliases.Inventor.AInventor.Pane_ModelBrowser.zcrumbCtrl_ModelBrowser.ChildCount(4) <> "Ready"
          aqUtils.Delay 2000
          statusBarObj.Refresh
        Wend
        call Aliases.Inventor.AInventor.Pane_ModelBrowser.Click(70,35) 'switch to Asset builder sub page

and after seeing your solotion provided, I tried adding "delay(20000)", and refreshnamemapping "Common_Routines_Factory.RefreshNamemapping", but they don't work for me.

and for this mapped object  Aliases.Inventor.AInventor.Pane_ModelBrowser.zcrumbCtrl_ModelBrowser do has the property childcount, you could check it from the screenshot.