Forum Discussion

progz
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

KeywordTests are disappearing but are within the same folder as others

Hello everyone,

Can someone help me out here? I just recently opened up my project from awhile back, and I'm not sure if it is a bug, but some of my keywordtests do not show in my list. Then when I try to create a test with that name, it says that name is already in use. So, I took a look at my project folder where ALL of them are, and well... its there. Why are only some of them showing in the Project Explorer? 

I am using TestComplete Version 9.0.1312.7 if that helps.

Thank you in advance.

• Are you using a source control?  If so, the possibility is that the KeywordTests.tcKDT file is out of date or missing the references.  This is the file that links the individual keyword test files to the project itself.  

You can correct your problem by right clicking on the Keywords node in your project, select Add -> Existing Item and find and add you keyword tests back to your project.

Once you do so, make sure that you save the project and then make sure that the KeywordTests.tcKDT file is included in any project backups or source control check-ins that you do.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Are you using a source control?  If so, the possibility is that the KeywordTests.tcKDT file is out of date or missing the references.  This is the file that links the individual keyword test files to the project itself.  

You can correct your problem by right clicking on the Keywords node in your project, select Add -> Existing Item and find and add you keyword tests back to your project.

Once you do so, make sure that you save the project and then make sure that the KeywordTests.tcKDT file is included in any project backups or source control check-ins that you do.

progz
      Occasional Contributor

I am not sure sure if I am using the source control. But yeah, once I did just re-added it , it was showing again. Just odd that I was missing some, not sure if I did delete stuff before, but I am fine with re-adding them so they show once again. It's a list of them, so I will just go through each one to finish it, no worries.