Forum Discussion

gdave
Regular Contributor
7 years ago

Issue with dropdown-checkbox item

Hi

You'll probable have to open the attached screenshot document at one side to understand this.

My Object Under Test is a dropdown with checkbox item to select from(Scrnshot1). My script (Scrnshot2) does select the desired item from the dropdown however as soon as I click anywhere else on the screen or tab out, the item gets unselected.

I am not sure what is causing this behaviour and I'll appreciate if someone can please give some insight to this problem.

Not sure if spy of the actual objec is required, but if you do need it then please give me a shout and I'll provide that. Thanks

Regards

G

10 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Is there a reason why you are using the EditValue method rather than the CheckItem method on our DevExpressCheckListBox?

gdave
      Regular Contributor

Yes, because there is no CheckItem method available and that's the reason I was trying with alternate methods.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

You could try mapping the object class in your project Object Mapping as a dev express checklist box and see if that works for you.  That's what this appears to be, actually...  See if making that mapping works.

If that doesn't work, my general explanation of what you're experiencing is that you're setting the EditValue of the component but there is probably some event that is being triggered... when leaving the field that is checking the properties of different parts to see what has been "checked".

Can you post a screenshot of other properties, methods, etc., of that object?  It might be that there are other properties or methods that could probably be used that would give you a better result.