Forum Discussion

MaciejCzernek
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Inputting symbols in cmd.exe by scripts and keyword tests

Hi there,

I have installed a second license to a new desktop (win10) and I have an issue with inputting text in the command line (cmd.exe) by scripts and keyword tests in TC 12.40. TC is changing ";" to ">" and "\" to "_". I admit that on my first desktop (win10) everything is perfectly fine.
Can you help me figured out what happens?

Simple example:
TestedApps.cmd.Run()

Aliases.cmd.wndConsoleWindowClass.Keys("D:")

Regards,
Maciej

• Sounds like a keyboard mapping problem.  If the second machine is using a different keyboard layout (US English vs. Russian or something else) this could be the cause of the problem.

Alternative: You don't need to open a console window to send information to command line.  You can use the WshShell object in TestComplete to execute command line functions.  Likewise, any file processing that you may need to do can be achieved through aqFileSystem.  

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a keyboard mapping problem.  If the second machine is using a different keyboard layout (US English vs. Russian or something else) this could be the cause of the problem.

Alternative: You don't need to open a console window to send information to command line.  You can use the WshShell object in TestComplete to execute command line functions.  Likewise, any file processing that you may need to do can be achieved through aqFileSystem.