Forum Discussion

AxelChrist
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Impact of TestComplete on Network?

I am testing two applications running on the same PC, talking to each other via broadcast messages (Active MQ, JMS) and web services (SOAP via HTTP). I am just a tester, the exact internal workings of the applications are unknown to me.

Whenever TestComplete 10.60 is running (I have no other versions since I am a new user) the communication between the two applications does not fully work with some communication always failing while others always work.

When TestComplete is not running then everything always works.

Hence my question:

Which impact could TestComplete have on network communication? What types of communication could it block/prevent/confuse?

It's kind of a bummer that I cannot test while my test tool is running :(

• I can close this question. TestComplete did not have an impact on the network connectivity. The problem was due to a timing issue on application startup which only ever manifested itself when starting using TestComplete simply because TestComplete executed the startup steps in a quicker succession than me if I did it manually.

1 Reply

AxelChrist
    Occasional Contributor

I can close this question. TestComplete did not have an impact on the network connectivity. The problem was due to a timing issue on application startup which only ever manifested itself when starting using TestComplete simply because TestComplete executed the startup steps in a quicker succession than me if I did it manually.