Forum Discussion

tshering
New Contributor
7 years ago

I can't set checkpoints on UI labels on desktop app, for UI verification. Any Suggestions?

I have a desktop application built on .Net framework using DevExpress third party tool. I am using TestComplete for automation testing. I need to verify the labels on different screens using checkpoints, but the "Drag the target to an object" feature does not select or highlight the labels, it only does on the data input fields currently. Also more, i cant select items or buttons inside of panels, the highlight is restricted only up to the panels. So as you can see, TestComplete is not working out for me. Do I  need to install any plugin or extensions to achieve my action plan? Any Inputs or suggestions ASAP are greatly appreciated. Thank You. 

3 Replies

tshering
      New Contributor

The DevExpress tool version i'm using is 16.2. And as I looked up, TestComplete only supports up to 16.1. Is there any way around this?

tshering
      New Contributor

Your response was somewhat promising. But the fact still remains, i could add the fullclassname for the objects, inside the listed ribbon controls, but it was not recognized as a object, or should i say, testcomplete couldnt highlight the intended object even after adding the class name inside the objectmapping>devexpress control>add class name. I understand that, DevExpressControls are all extended and supported features, but is there any extra plugins or extensions i could download inside the DevExpress Controls that would recognize the objects/items inside the ribbon?