Forum Discussion

krkarthik_info
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago

How to run tests in slice machine without any monitor

Hi All,

I have two slice machines which is not having any monitor. I want to run my tests in these machines. 

Is there any way without using remote desktop to connect to that slice?

Thanks,

Karthik K R

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Any machine running TestComplete tests that interact with the UI must have an interactive user desktop session available.  This does not require a physical monitor but some means, at least, of having such a session.  We use a vSphere environment where our VM's have the user sessions redirected to the console so that they can execute. Please see the following article.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/running/via-rdp/keeping-computer-unlocked.html

krkarthik_info
      Frequent Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply. 

I tried the steps mentioned in the article, but still i get the error as '[TestComplete] Test runner exit code: -10 (Unable to create a user session).'

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Karthik K R

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

I don't know vmware slice so I can't necessarily say why it doesn't work for you. The assumption of the article is that there IS some sort of "console" capabilities in your VM environment... that's what the redirect code does.  There are other articles involved in remote desktop stuff... go through and see what you can find.

Now... your error... that seems to indicate that you're running your tests using some sort of test management tool or CI tool like Jenkins?  What tool are you using?