Forum Discussion

TCU100
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

How to import AzureDevOps pipeline executed TC Test Case XML Log as attachment in Run Summary?

Hi Team,

I am using AzureDevops pipeline to execute test plan testcases. After testcase execution I get .mht file as attachment (only if test case fails, I wish if I can have same for all testcases regardless of testcase status).

I want testcase XML logs as attachment in run summary's attachment section. How can I achieve this?

Image A) has a section attachment, where I want XML log.
Image B) is the agent location where I get XML Log after each Test Case execution. 

Thanks

• Hello TCU100,

The TestComplete test adapter can only upload logs to Azure DevOps in MHT. This format was chosen since it allows to store all the info in one file (unlike XML) and does not require having TestComplete on the machine to view the logs (unlike tcLogX). So, at the moment, there is no way to change the log format for the attachments in the Tests tab.

Azure DevOps is rapidly gaining popularity, so more and more people use it for running TestComplete tests. Our product team wants to make sure we provide all the features you might need when integrating TestComplete and Azure DevOps. So, I suggest that you post the idea of choosing a log format to the TestComplete Feature Requests page. Our product managers monitor this page on a regular basis, the most requested features have a good chance of getting implemented.

2 Replies

JuliaBernikova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello TCU100,

The TestComplete test adapter can only upload logs to Azure DevOps in MHT. This format was chosen since it allows to store all the info in one file (unlike XML) and does not require having TestComplete on the machine to view the logs (unlike tcLogX). So, at the moment, there is no way to change the log format for the attachments in the Tests tab.

Azure DevOps is rapidly gaining popularity, so more and more people use it for running TestComplete tests. Our product team wants to make sure we provide all the features you might need when integrating TestComplete and Azure DevOps. So, I suggest that you post the idea of choosing a log format to the TestComplete Feature Requests page. Our product managers monitor this page on a regular basis, the most requested features have a good chance of getting implemented.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

You might want to ask that on an Azure DevOps forum somewhere.  That's an Azure functionality question, not TestComplete. 

Also, unless things have changed a lot recently, there aren't very many people here using that tool along with TestComplete.  You'll likely have better luck elsewhere.