Forum Discussion

krkarthik_info
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

How to handle application not responding state through TestComplete

Hi All,

I am triggering a set of test items for execution, at some point of time the test application goes into not responding state. This leads the TestComplete tool to wait until the test application becomes responsive(which ideally wont become responsive, have to kill the process)  and not moving ahead with the execution of next test items.

In this scenario, I wanted to move ahead with the execution of next test items by killing the execution of current test item. Can someone suggest how to handle this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Karthik K R

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Do you have a particular pattern to the non-responsiveness?  Does it happen at the same place or within similar functional processes?  If so, you should be able to build into your code some sort of "Wait" methodology that, when attempting to execute the specific process, check to see if the application is responsive... if not, call Sys.Process(<application name>).Terminate().

krkarthik_info
        Frequent Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the suggestion on using Freeze Diagnostics.

It helped me to solve my scenario. On properties I have set process filter for my application and used application hanging timeout property. On using this, it terminates the application if not responding for given timeout and posts the dump file to the log and proceeds with the next test items.

Thanks

krkarthik_info
      Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have a specific pattern where the application goes to non-responsive mode. Randomly goes into the non-responsive during execution of different test items.

As you suggested, I will have a look into the Freeze diagnostics options and see whether it helps me out.

Thanks,

Karthik K R