Forum Discussion

sivakarthik
Contributor
6 years ago

How to customize Test items via script

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding log items. Actually, I would like to customize the Test items like a tree structure via script (but not like to add test items in GUI add perform test).

And I would like to also generate Log results like tree structure (hierarchy) is it possible to do it with Test Complete ? 

Did any one have suggestion regarding this please let me know that will be a great help to me 

Thank you 

Regards

SivaKarthik

10 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

The project files are just XML, you could use the build in powershell XML parser to enable and disable test items prior to opening and running your project. 

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

> The project files are just XML, you could use the build in powershell XML parser to enable and disable test items prior to opening and running your project. 

But, as this is not officially documented, be ready to adopt your code for the new version of TestComplete.

cunderw
        Community Hero

AlexKaras - Is this something we know that is planned to change soon? We have setup a system to enable test items based on their corresponding Jira IDs' status, so we will definitely have some re-work to do if this changes. 

• I don't see an ability to add testitems runtime. But the log is a tree by design. You can customize it with Log.AppendFolder, etc..