Forum Discussion

sfitts
Occasional Visitor
5 years ago
Solved

How do i Reuse Tested Applications so I can use a shared Test in different projects

I am unable to add the Tested Application that the shared keyword test uses in the original project to the new project where I am trying to reuse it.   I can add the existing Keyword test, but when I attempt to add existing Tested Application the "Existing Item" seelction is disabled.

• See if this helps

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/tested-apps/adding.html

By copying existing tested applications in the project

1. Right-click the desired item in the Tested Apps editor and select Copy from its context menu.

2. Right-click somewhere within the editor and select Paste from the context menu.

– or –

1. Select the desired item in the Tested Apps editor and choose Edit > Copy from the TestComplete main menu.

2. Select Edit > Paste from the main menu to paste the copied object to the editor.

After the new item appears in the tested application’s list, you can modify its properties, for example, the command-line parameters, the run mode and others.

1 Reply

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

See if this helps

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/tested-apps/adding.html

By copying existing tested applications in the project

1. Right-click the desired item in the Tested Apps editor and select Copy from its context menu.

2. Right-click somewhere within the editor and select Paste from the context menu.

– or –

1. Select the desired item in the Tested Apps editor and choose Edit > Copy from the TestComplete main menu.

2. Select Edit > Paste from the main menu to paste the copied object to the editor.

After the new item appears in the tested application’s list, you can modify its properties, for example, the command-line parameters, the run mode and others.