Forum Discussion

afrade
New Contributor
7 years ago

How do I not leave a Database Table Checkpoint as a blocker if I have different values?

How do I not leave a Database Table Checkpoint as a blocker if I have different values?

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure I understand the question.  What do you mean by "a blocker"?  What desired behavior do you want versus what you're experiencing? Are there error messages?

More detail, please.

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

I believe the question is how to keep the test going even though the Database Table Checkpoint fails.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

If that's the case...

...a checkpoint failure logs an error.  So, if the test run is halting after the database checkpoint fails, that means that somewhere along the chain, you're configured to stop on error.

First place to look is in Tools | Current Project Properties | Playback.  If Stop On Error is checked there, uncheck it.

Next place is in your project suite.  If you double click on the Project Suite node, you'll see the following.

If that check box is checked, even if the project itself has "Stop On Error" turned off, this will also halt a test run.

Finally, if you double click on your project node, you MAY see something like this.

If you don't see those two columns, right click on the panel and select "Field Chooser". You can then drag those columns onto the panel for yourself. If "Stop on Error" is set to either "Test Item" or "Project", then when an error is logged, the appropriate level (either Test Item or the whole project) will be stopped.

That's the easiest place to start on this.  Without further information from the OP, really can't suggest anything further.