Forum Discussion

handanu
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

How could we see which tests the controls in name mapping take part in?

Hi,

Is there a way to show which tests the controls in name mapping take part in?

• Here's the thing... you don't need to remap the button every time, you can simply edit the properties of Button1 to match the new parameters.  That would solve your problem across the board.

4 Replies

Wamboo
    Community Hero

Hi,

In my opinion, there's only one NameMapping file for the entire project.

What You can do is to switch te configuration for Your NameMapping repo.

handanu
      Contributor

I couldn't understand. I could reach objects in name mapping screen from keyword tests using rightclick (show object in Name Mapping editor) but also I want to reach keyword tests from name mapping screen.

Because sometimes my controls in the application could change.

For example "New" button, I use it in many keyword test. (We use WPF control automation ids.) And it takes place in name mapping area as "Button1" and with automation id "New_Button". Sometimes my tests fail because the Button property has changed. When I remap the button, it takes place in name mapping area as "Button2" and with automation id "NewColor_Button". I couldn't edit old one(because the warning "this object doesn't exist" so i couldn't update).  I have to change old object in all these keyword tests with new object. At this stage I have to remember which keyword tests.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Here's the thing... you don't need to remap the button every time, you can simply edit the properties of Button1 to match the new parameters.  That would solve your problem across the board.