cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Performance counters should be used?

Contributor

How Performance counters should be used?

Hi,

I try to create performance counter on my TestComplete project, at the moment I use 2 standard counter(memory and CPU)  and on the event OnStartTest I add a call to the method Start of the object aqPerformance .

Am I doing something wrong in the implementation?

Emanuele

p.s. I execute TestComplete like administrator

4 REPLIES 4
Community Hero

Re: How Performance counters should be used?

I don't know... what happens?  What are you seeing?  Or what are you not seeing that you're expecting to see?

Have you read through the documentation on monitoring application performance?

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/advanced/monitoring-performance/basic-c...

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Contributor

I expect to see the values of memory and cpu in the log , i don't understand very well how it works

Contributor

exactly i expect to see the values of memory anc cpu of a specific process

Community Hero

aqPerformance object that you called is something completely different and has nothing to do with the performance counters that you're adding.  Again, I linked in the article above that starts you through understanding how TestComplete does things with performance counters.

Once you add the counters, there is a tab in the log called "Performance Counters".  When you run your project, you'll get a graph/chart showing the counters and their values during the course of your test run.  It's not that you'r going to see log records throughout the log, you'll have this graph that shows the counter values over time.

2019-04-19 10_50_39-TestComplete - C__MySource_Sandbox_Sandbox.pjs.png

Are you not seeing that graph?  What are you expecting to see that you're not?  Again, please read through the documentation. 

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the New Interview
7Mistakes
Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win