Forum Discussion

han
Contributor
15 years ago

Help with distributed test on vmware

I'm having two problems with testcomplete and vmware:

1. How can testcomplete know when the vmware image is up so that I can take away the ugly delay?

2. How can I extend the "timeout" for Task completion? The problem now is that vmware is shutting down the image while the task is completing so that I get a run time error.

---code---

Set
app = TestedApps.vmrun

app.Params.SimpleParams.CommandLineParameters = "-T ws start ""<vmware image>"""

Set p = app.Run

Delay(300000) 'What to take away this

NetworkSuite.Jobs.ItemByName("Slave").Tasks.ItemByName("Clean").Run(True) 'Think I need to have some wait in this task to let vmware take down the image

1 Reply

• Hi Håkan,

>>>

1. How can testcomplete know when the vmware image is up so that I can take away the ugly delay?

<<<

As far as I know, VMWare provides a COM object. So, you can try using the COM object to obtain information on the virtual machine's current state. Please see the "Working With COM Objects" help topic to learn how to work with COM objects from TestComplete. I recommend that you contact the VMWare support team for more details on the COM object's methods and properties you need to use.

>>>

2. How can I extend the "timeout" for Task completion?

<<<

Please see the "Terminating Tests on Timeout" help topic for information on timeouts in TestComplete.