Forum Discussion

punekar
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Hard disk usage during each TestComplete Run is HUGE

I have this machine with a 20 GB HDD which was only at 10% usage. After running around 25 TestComplete tests (varying number of vusers), I noticed I'm running out of disk space!

Most of the stuff I believe was created in the Users\<user>\AppData\Local folder, which rises phenomenally in size when TC is running a load test.

Does anyone have any idea as to how much disk space is consumed by TestComplete on each run ? Also, how do we clean up after TC in case it does not do so by itself?

2 Replies

punekar
    Occasional Contributor
    Anyone from SmartBear/AutomatedQA want to hazard a guess as to what this issue is?
  • Hello Suresh,

When running a Load Test, temporary files are actually created in the Temp folder of the current user (C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Temp).

Please tell me more about the scenario that makes TestComplete create so many temporary files:

- Do you modify your Load Testing task from script?

- How many requests are in your Load Testing tasks, and how many different tasks do you use in each test?

- How many Virtual Users do you run?

- Do you run the Virtual Users from script, or visually from the Load Test editor?