Forum Discussion

Pawel_1
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

HTTP Load Test intermittent POST message capture

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue regarding the recording of an HTTP load test against a web application. I notice when recording the Login portion of the website that the POST message for passing the username and password is sometimes captured by Test Complete and only under a specific scenario. When I record my HTTP load test without selecting the 'Run web browser' option I am able to capture the POST message for the login passing the username and password. However when I select 'Run web browser' the POST message is not captured in the load test, yet other POST messages further in the test are captured. I want to be able to capture the POST request when I run the web browser since I want to clear the browser cache so that I force the download of all the files from the server.

Any suggestions with an issue like this or has anyone experienced something like this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies

Pawel_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Just to add some more information.

I noticed that when I record the test using the current browser I have open only the POST request is captured. When I open a browser through Test Complete only the GET request is captured, the POST request is not captured.
  • Hi,

Can you collect more information about this problem so we can analyze your situation?

1. Download and install some free HTTP proxy. For example, you could use Fiddler.

Run the proxy software and enable traffic capturing.

2. Specify proxy settings in your web browser.

3. Record a small task demonstrating the problem (when some requests are not captured).

4. Send us the recorded HTTP task, as well as the traffic captured by the proxy software.
    Pawel_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

I was able to track down the issue due to HTTPS. I know that Test Complete 8 should handle HTTPS requests but for whatever reason it does not capture all the requests. Using HTTP is fine and captures all the messages. Are there any known issues with HTTPS? Maybe it is a configuration issue in our servers and if there is any known issues we can begin searching from there. Company policy does not allow me to send the ProjectSuite at this time unfortunately.
  • Hi,

Actually, there's no need to send us the entire project suite. A sample recorded task demonstrating the problem and traffic recorded by Fiddler will be enough. We need this information to investigate the recording problem.