Forum Discussion

kaivi
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

ExportLogToXMLAlso

Hi,

I'm trying to export the TestExecute log data as XML. I have three runs in TestExecute and three Log.mht, but no xml files.

Did I do something wrong?

start /wait "TestExecute" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "C:\Development\testcomplete\Testsuite\Testsuite.pjs" /r /p:BoxInfo /e /ns /DoNotShowLog /el:C:\Users\test\Desktop\LogFile_TBInfo.mht /ExportLogToXMLAlso

regards

Kai

• The /ExportLogToXMLAlso is only used with UnPacked Stroage... MHT is the packed/compressed.  When you specifiy the file name, you are specifying the format.

Change the extension on the file you're creating to HTML.

start /wait "TestExecute" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\Bin\TestExecute.exe" 
    "C:\Development\testcomplete\Testsuite\Testsuite.pjs" /r /p:BoxInfo /e /ns /DoNotShowLog
    /el:"C:\Users\test\Desktop\LogFile_TBInfo.html" /ExportLogToXMLAlso

6 Replies

shankar_r
    Community Hero

From Smartbear document

/ExportLogToXMLAlso

When you command TestComplete to export results in the Unpacked Storage format, it generates JSON data files and HTML, CSS, images, and other helper files. Using this argument in the command line tells TestComplete to generate data files in the XML format in addition to the JSON data files.

XML will be generated when you use Unpacked storage format.

kaivi
      Contributor

Hi,

That's what I found too. But there are no other files. Only the.mht file!

regards

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi kaivi,

Try adding quotes to the path you specify in the el parameter:

start /wait "TestExecute" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\Bin\TestExecute.exe" 
    "C:\Development\testcomplete\Testsuite\Testsuite.pjs" /r /p:BoxInfo /e /ns /DoNotShowLog
    /el:"C:\Users\test\Desktop\LogFile_TBInfo.mht" /ExportLogToXMLAlso

Does it make the trick?

kaivi
      Contributor

Hi Tanya,

your trick has no effect.  Only the .mht file appears on the Desktop.

regards

Kai

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

The /ExportLogToXMLAlso is only used with UnPacked Stroage... MHT is the packed/compressed.  When you specifiy the file name, you are specifying the format.

Change the extension on the file you're creating to HTML.

/el:"C:\Users\test\Desktop\LogFile_TBInfo.html" /ExportLogToXMLAlso