Forum Discussion

sivakarthik
Contributor
6 years ago

Executing Test Via python scripts takes more time

Dear Community members,

I am trying to execute firmare test via Roboter and wrote script in PYthon.

But python takes more time to execute the test, is any one have idea How to  improve the speed performance ?. 

Thanks and regards

sivaKartheek Sreeram

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

sivakarthik wrote:

Dear Community members,

I am trying to execute firmare test via Roboter and wrote script in PYthon.

But python takes more time to execute the test, is any one have idea How to  improve the speed performance ?. 

Compared to what?  Do you have something that is running similar tests with a different language?

Also, it would be helpful to see what you have written in your code.  It might be useful to understand why it's taking long to execute.

sivakarthik
      Contributor

yes in Delphi, I am Converting Delphi Firmare project to python in test complete.

the  project is a series of script files.

I have even updated the script as per some performance tipps in some websites like one given below

https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSpeed/PerformanceTips.

I am not allowed to share the file. Sorry for that

may be can you suggest me some perfomance tipps so that it will speeup the process

Thanks and Regards

SivaKartheek 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

TestComplete runs code as interpreted code, similar to the way a web page does so.  There are no compiled files or executables so the code is executed as it's interpreted.  This is, generally, slower than what you're going to get in Delphi which, if I understand things correctly, compiles the code into some sort of executable.