Forum Discussion

allenj2020
Contributor
8 years ago

Error starting remote project from disconnected console, "The modal window is active"

Hello all,

This may be more of a support question, but I'll try here first.

I just upgraded from TestComplete 11.7 to 12.2.  I'm running a NetworkSuite on 3 dedicated test machines, 1 master and 2 hosts, and it's been running fine.  I maintain these systems via remote desktop, and use a batch file with tscon command to exit each system and redirect to console (the machines don't have monitors any more), and a Windows scheduler task to launch the network suite every night.

Ever since the TestComplete upgrade, launching the NetworkSuite fails with the following error on the first host machine:

"Cannot load the remote project. The operation has been aborted, because the modal window is active"

This ONLY happens if the master machine is disconnected from remote desktop and redirected to the local console before the NetworkSuite is started.  If I have the remote desktop session open to the master, start the suite, wait for all hosts to get established and start their tests, then disconnect and redirect to console, all is well, the suite continues to run successfully.

The only other changes I made after the upgrade that might be related are to update the login info on the host machines, and change the connection ports from 6090,6091,6092 to 1,2,3.  But since all hosts verify and run OK in most scenarios, I don't see how it could be related.

Any ideas what could be the cause of this "modal window is active" error?

Thanks.

Allen

2 Replies

YuriPeshekhonov
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

It looks like you created the case (00224782), but the issue disappeared. I hope you will never see it again. 

allenj2020
      Contributor

Hi Yuriy,

Yes.  We never did figure out why this happened, or what fixed it. I did some troubleshooting in a different project, switched back to the original project and did some manual refreshes on the hosts.  I also changed the Jobs from 'Use previous TestComplete' to 'Restart TestComplete'.  I have no idea if any of that actually did anything, but I haven't seen the problem since.

Thanks.

Allen