Forum Discussion

ArunKarunakaran
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Error: There was an attempt to perform an action at a point, which is out of the window bound

I have encountered an error: There was an attempt to perform an action at a point, which is out of the window bound while running test using Testcomplete 14 . I have recently migrated all my tests from TestComplete 12 to 14 and When i run my tests over the jenkins pipeline I encounter with this error. Please help me to understadn why and when an action performed using testcomplete will become out of the window bounds.

Attaching herewith screenshot for reference.

Regards,

Arun K

• It sounds like you have code that is using co-ordinates for clicking and something is not sized properly at the time you do the click.  Could be multiple reasons.

1) The screen resolution on the target machine is less than the resolution when you developed the automation

2) The object that is being clicked on probably hasn't fully rendered yet and so may have zero size.  

3) The target machine does not have an active user session.

It would be helpful to be able to see:

1) The actual error log from the TestComplete/TestExecute execution rather than just the Jenkins report

2) The code being attempted at the point of error.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It sounds like you have code that is using co-ordinates for clicking and something is not sized properly at the time you do the click.  Could be multiple reasons.

1) The screen resolution on the target machine is less than the resolution when you developed the automation

2) The object that is being clicked on probably hasn't fully rendered yet and so may have zero size.  

3) The target machine does not have an active user session.

It would be helpful to be able to see:

1) The actual error log from the TestComplete/TestExecute execution rather than just the Jenkins report

2) The code being attempted at the point of error.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you tristaanogre:smileyhappy:

ArunKarunakaran , for the Community to help you, please provide more information about your situation.

As you see, there can be a lot of reasons for this behaviour and we need to narrow them down.