Forum Discussion

madhavisri01
Contributor
14 years ago

Distributed Testing on VM machines

How does Test Complete work on VM Machines.If I have a requirement of invoking 10 VM machines with different windows OS.How does Test complete work?How can we organize network suite and execute Test Scripts.Please provide Infomration

Thanks,

Madhavisri

4 Replies

• Hi Madhavisri,

You should have enough TestComplete/TestExecute licenses for this. You need to activate the license key containing your licenses on a physical machine, which is accessible by all client virtual machines via the network. After this, you can set up a network suite using virtual computers without any problems. A comprehensive description of this functionality of the tool can be found in the built-in help system.
  • We have Testcomplete licenses.We have installed Test complete on all VM machines(Float licenses).I am not sure how I can configure Network suite.All Test complete Licenses are installed in VM machines.Where can I create Network suite?in VM machine or License Machine?

Do we have any documentation available.Please help.

Thanks,

Madhavisri
  • Hi Madhavisri,

It seems that you are not familiar with the Network Suite functionality. I recommend that you read the documentation on this feature in the built-in Help system of TestComplete. The base help topic is Distributed Testing.

You can also find a short presentation of this functionality in the Distributed Testing With TestComplete video.

Please let me know if something is unclear for you.
    ttran
    Occasional Contributor
    If you are asking about compatibility, they seems to be running fine.

In term of performance, VM sometimes are slower so you have to adjust your script for it.

I would say, VM is not an issue, go ahead and use it.