Forum Discussion

cam_farineau
Contributor
8 years ago

Distributed Testing: Host Object disconnected

Hi all,

we are running into a recurrent issue with our UI Distributed Testing. We are using TestComplete 12.10 on all our machines.

Master project is running on QA Master VM. This Master project run different Slave project on several QA Slave VMs.

Each VM has a Host associated with it.

Time to time we are experiencing an issue with some Hosts: Object Disconnected.

In our process we are verifyng the Host manually before starting tests on it:

if(task.Host.Verify(10))//TimeOut of 5min
{
//Run the tests
}

If the Host can be verified, we run the particular task on this Host.

Running means TestComplete will first Fast Verify the host of the task (State: ( 9 - ns_FastVerifying), then Initialize (State: 2 - ns_Initializing) and finally Run the tests (State: 3 - ns_Running). Please check this page for further information.

But sometimes the timeout associated with the host expires when TestComplete perform the Fast Verification, even though we performed the verification manually in the code just before. So the verification failed, so does the task...  (default timeout on each host is 10min)

TestComplete then log an error : Object Disconnected

TestComplete does not give any more information about the issue... Is there a way to have better understanding on the issue ? (I tried to look into Event Viewer on the specified Host but didn't find anything related)
Is this something related to TestCompleteService that crashed ? 

Maybe this is an issue with our VMs, so we want to know if anyone has ever experienced this issue ??

Thanks for your feedback and answers,

Camille

1 Reply

YuriPeshekhonov
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

As far as I can tell, this error is quite rare and there are no known situations when it could happen. So, I suggest that you create a support case so we can investigate the issue and find its root cause.