Forum Discussion

sharma2prateek
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Developer express control->ClickItem("aa", "bb") method not working with javascript

Developer express control- >devexpress.xtranavbar.navbarcontrol method ClickItem("fruits","apple") is working perfectly fine with vb script code but not working with JavaScript code , It throws type mismatch error
Even after record and play captured click item method but when I rerun it's throws type mismatch error. I currently using test complete 12.31 version

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Can you share your code that you have specifically that generates the error?  Not just the clickitem line, but everything leading up to it.

There is, technically, no difference on that method for VBScript versus JavaScript so this probably means it has something to do with your implementation.  But we won't know until we see the code.

sharma2prateek
      Occasional Contributor
      Sys.process('aa').winformsobject('bb'). winformsobject ('navgatio').ClickItem('fruit', 'apple')

This is the whole code,in vbscript project same code is working but in JavaScript project it's not working actually those are developer express controls in that we need to work with witems property, collapse and expand method working fine
        tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

So, your application is called "aa" with a form called "bb" and you're specifically testing an application that selects "fruit"?

That's what I mean... i'd like to see, if possible the ACTUAL code you're executing to see syntax, context, etc., of how it is implemented in your test.  It could be that how you're attempting to implement in JavaScript is doing something that is "illegal" in JavaScript, causing your issue.

Please provide, if possible, "real" code and we'll see what we can do.