Forum Discussion

TarasY
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

DevExpress RibbonControl: TC cannot click on the RibbonControl items in some cases

Hi everyone

I'm automating my application that is using the RibbonControl from the DevExpress.

There is a problem with clicking the RibbonControl items when I manually select the tab in the Ribbon control after that TestComplete cannot click the items in selected tabs.

When the additional tab is closed it works fine.

I have tried to record the test and it seems like it just cannot recognize anything, it even doesn't try to click by coordinates.

Watch the video attached, it will give you more information about the problem.

As you can see in the video, the recording did the first click on Config button, then it detects the click on the Home tab, but when i clicked on the Config button again, there is no any code added for this.

TestComplete version 12.50.4142.7

DevExpress version in the tested app is 18.2.3

How to handle this case? Is there anything I can do in the TestComplete to fix the problem? Or are there any changes required in the tested app?

• Hi TanyaYatskovska 

As promised, posting the last update that I have got from the support and R&D team.

They have submitted that there was the bug with the way TC handle the last versions of DevExpress RibbonControl and fixed the problem.

They have sent the hotfix for me for the testing and it seems to be working fine. I have also tested this issue on TC version 14.0.317.7 and it also works fine (seems like the fix has already been released). In the meantime, our app was upgraded to DevExpress v 18.2.6 and it also works fine.

Regards

Taras

8 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

What exact RibbonControl do you use? Please check its class name. After that, refer to the Object Mapping dialog and make sure that this class name is specified under the DevExpress controls.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi TarasY,

Thanks for checking this.

According to the video you posted, TestComplete uses the UI Automation feature to map your control (the mapped object is named as hwndsource_shellView). This approach is recommended to use only for the app and controls that don't have special support in TestComplete. As your control is the support one, let's use another approach.

First of all, let's check if TestComplete recognizes your app correctly (as an Open application). For this, go to the project settings and open Open Applications | UI Automation window. I suppose * is checked, right? Uncheck it.

After that remove all mapped objects in Name Mapping, go to the Object Browser, expand the object tree of your app to navigate to the ribbon control, make an image of this window and post it here.