Forum Discussion

BBMI
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Desktop can not see the objects in the MSWOR, VIPLET,..

Desktop can not see objects inserted into MSWORD, VIPLET, ..Thank you for your help

• In a Word Document, they aren't objects in memory.... they are contents of a document.... text in a text file.  A word document is just a glorified text file with a bunch of formatting information.

If the VIPLET is the same sort of thing, where you are accessing some sort of document, then it's the same deal. The brief google search I did on Viplet is that it is, generally, a terminal emulator Java app.  If that's the case, then it's the same sort of deal where TestComplete cannot see the individual objects and contents of an RDP window...  The window is the object being investigated by TestComplete... the contents of the window are hosted in a different operating system and not exposed to TestComplete.

BBMI
    7 years ago

Thank you very much for your search on VIPLET, as well as for your very detailed answer to my problem. thanks again.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

EmulWindow appears to be a custom class. This means that only certain basic properties and methods are available as "supported" in TestComplete.  You may need to go to the NativeJavaObject property to get to any custom child objects or properties.

BBMI
    Occasional Contributor

thanks for your answer, but in NativeJavaObject property it's empty no property. how should I use this property?
    (This is the same behavior for MSWord for example).
    Can TestComplete not do this stuff, ie see the objects inside EmulWindow for Viplet and Panel for MSWord, ...?
    Thank you for your answer.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

In a Word Document, they aren't objects in memory.... they are contents of a document.... text in a text file.  A word document is just a glorified text file with a bunch of formatting information.

If the VIPLET is the same sort of thing, where you are accessing some sort of document, then it's the same deal. The brief google search I did on Viplet is that it is, generally, a terminal emulator Java app.  If that's the case, then it's the same sort of deal where TestComplete cannot see the individual objects and contents of an RDP window...  The window is the object being investigated by TestComplete... the contents of the window are hosted in a different operating system and not exposed to TestComplete.

BBMI
        Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for your search on VIPLET, as well as for your very detailed answer to my problem. thanks again.