cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize report on testcomplete

Occasional Contributor

Customize report on testcomplete

Below is the customize html report functions I want to Genaerate one summary report which includes multiple test cases execution which is exists on different test script files,

IN GENERAL I WANT TO CREATE A REPORT ON PROJECT SUITE LEVEL NOT ON TEST SCRIPT LEVEL, BEFORE TEST/AFTER TEST EVENT IS FIRED AFTER EVERY TEST SCRIPT PLEASE SUGGEST

REPORT HEADER

ReportManager.setLogsPath(ProjectSuite.Path+"\\AutomationLogs\\");    
ReportManager.setExecutionStartTime(aqDateTime.Now()); 

TEST CASE 1----- TEST CASE 10

INITIALIZE TEST CASE REPORT

ReportManager.setTestCaseExeStartTime(aqDateTime.Now())
ReportManager.fn_createtestcasedescription("Deal","TestCase_"+(i+1),testData[i][0]["TestCaseName"],"SYS");

ReportManager.fn_createteststep(0,"Step Description","EXPECTED RESULT"," ACTUAL RESULT",false);      

ReportManager.fn_createteststep(1,"Step Description","EXPECTED RESULT"," ACTUAL RESULT",false);        

ReportManager.fn_createteststep(1,"Step Description","EXPECTED RESULT"," ACTUAL RESULT",false);        

ReportManager.fn_createteststep(0,"Step Description","EXPECTED RESULT"," ACTUAL RESULT",false);        

GENERATE TEST CASE REPORT

ReportManager.setTestCaseExeEndTime(aqDateTime.Now());
ReportManager.fn_createtestcaseduration();
ReportManager.fn_completetestcase();

FINAL SUMMARY REPORT

ReportManager.setExecutionEndTime(aqDateTime.Now());
ReportManager.fn_generatehighlevelreport();

5 REPLIES 5
Community Hero

Re: Customize report on testcomplete

Is there a question here?  Looks like you already have code written.  What seems to be the problem you're trying to solve?

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

Let say I have 3 modules A, B, C

A module have 10 test case which is run by X script
B module have 12 test case which is run by Y script
C module have 15 test case which is run by Z script

In this case I need one test summary report which have 37 test cases, but currently it create 3 summary report with 10,12,15 test cases

Hope now its clear

So In general a problem is I need to execute a piece of code which will execute before and after x, y, z scripts run.
Also it will run before and after if I run x script individually.
Community Hero

Instead of calling your code in the event handler, you should run your code as project items, one the beginning, one at the end.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.

Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

Yup that is a alternative but Is there any way or technique by which we automatically invoking the code before project run and after project run not on project test items level
Community Hero

No.  Event handlers don't exist to go on project start/stop.  So, you would need to add the code manually to those points.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video: