cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying child objects for name mapping

SOLVED
New Contributor

Copying child objects for name mapping

For TestComplete, is it possible to copy mapped child objects to multiple parent forms? We have dialog messages that appear for every task, and rather than record them for each task, I wanted to see if there was a method of simply copying the declarations to each parent form.

I know conditional mapping might play into this, but it seems that you still need to record each dialog to map it. I was hoping it could be done manually. Am I just missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: Copying child objects for name mapping

Starting with one of the recent versions of TC (I think 12.40), in the NameMapping editor, you can copy/paste objects.  They still each need to have a separate Alias, etc., but it does make maintaining/creating these mappings a LOT easier.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
2 REPLIES 2
Community Hero

Starting with one of the recent versions of TC (I think 12.40), in the NameMapping editor, you can copy/paste objects.  They still each need to have a separate Alias, etc., but it does make maintaining/creating these mappings a LOT easier.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Contributor

Great! Thank you. I hadn't updated yet from 12.0xx. I appreciate the fast response!

Cyndee

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win