Forum Discussion

cschwartz
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Copying child objects for name mapping

For TestComplete, is it possible to copy mapped child objects to multiple parent forms? We have dialog messages that appear for every task, and rather than record them for each task, I wanted to see if there was a method of simply copying the declarations to each parent form.

I know conditional mapping might play into this, but it seems that you still need to record each dialog to map it. I was hoping it could be done manually. Am I just missing something?

• Starting with one of the recent versions of TC (I think 12.40), in the NameMapping editor, you can copy/paste objects.  They still each need to have a separate Alias, etc., but it does make maintaining/creating these mappings a LOT easier.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Starting with one of the recent versions of TC (I think 12.40), in the NameMapping editor, you can copy/paste objects.  They still each need to have a separate Alias, etc., but it does make maintaining/creating these mappings a LOT easier.

cschwartz
      New Contributor

Great! Thank you. I hadn't updated yet from 12.0xx. I appreciate the fast response!

Cyndee