Forum Discussion

BernardFanthom
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Combobox identity lost

Hi,

1/ Recorded a script against a window written in visual basic. I recorded a selection from a combobox (any content). The recording was manifest as a cboXField call.

2/ When I play the script back the combobox selection fails. With the Window open I double click on the cboXField line. From the On-Screen Action page I press the highlight button. However I get the "Unable to highlight the selected object on screen" error message.

Is there a work around to this or should I just tab and type across the window and then press the first letter of the selection I want until it appears? 

• Try using the Object Spy on the box without the selection window open.  Use Advanced and look through the properties of the box and see if there isn't something in there that is an index to the combobox selections.  Properties that will let you drill down have a box with ... on the right.

If you get stuck, post screenshots of the property screens so we can take a look.

1 Reply

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Try using the Object Spy on the box without the selection window open.  Use Advanced and look through the properties of the box and see if there isn't something in there that is an index to the combobox selections.  Properties that will let you drill down have a box with ... on the right.

If you get stuck, post screenshots of the property screens so we can take a look.