Forum Discussion

manojgovikari
Contributor
13 years ago

Color codes are not recognized with the TestComplete

Hi,

In our application, there are some color codes displayed on Test area. When we identify the object, the TestComplete Tool is not shown any property for the color codes. Eventhogh the object is identified, there is no property for the color indication. Object value is recognized with the AWTComponentAccessibleName.

TestComplete version: 7.50

Please let me know if this can be done with the new test complete versions.

3 Replies

• Hi Manoj,

I am guessing that you test a Java application. Please confirm them and clarify what exactly Java framework is used: AWT, Swing, SWT, etc. Also, please post here the full name of the object taken from the Object Browser panel and the value of its JavaFullClassName property.

Since Java application does not have native properties, the needed value, most probably, can be obtained with a method. You can find the list of methods available to TestComplete in the Object Browser panel if you select the object and open the Methods tab of the panel.

Please note that you need to open the Advanced view of the Object Browser panel. Please find more information on this in the Basic and Advanced View Modes help topic.

If you do not know what exactly method you need, contact the application's developers in order to get this information.
  • As you said, the application used swing objects and AWT components.

We are using TestComplete 7.0 version and we do not have adanced objects/properties view.(find the attached screenshot for object porperties window, we dont have object spy)

There is no property available for each cell color in a grid. Insted we have foreground or gridcolor properties.

Please let us know if any other option available to verify these individual cell colors in a grid.

Thanks,

Manoj G.
  • Hi Manoj,

I do not know what exactly control is used in your case. This can be a standard control (in this case I can try to find a sample application with it) or this can be your own custom control.

Since TestComplete works with Java applications as with Open Application, the tool has access to all its native methods and fields. This means that you can ask the application developer which exactly fields of methods should be used to solve your task. Most probably, you will be able to use the same approach in TestComplete as well.