Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Closing all the windows if it fails and continue the tests

Hello every one,

Rough code: 

obj.Close()

if not client.WaitWindow("TMessageForm", "Warnung", 1).Exists:
         Log.Checkpoint("Modification Test 1 - with out .i.o.")
else:
error = "\n"
Log.Error("Modification Test 1 - with out  Fails", error)

obj. VCLObject("No").ClickButton()

and do the stuff............

cond.......

My question is, if the code executes at else condition the pop up window will be exist and I can close it by using yes select and click button but, Iam thinking is there any other way to close the pop-uped windows during the test ?

if so where can i find some examples so that I will learn about it.

if anybody have please let me know

Thanks and Regards

SivaKartheek Sreeram

sivakarthik
    6 years ago

Thanks any way for the info. I got an another idea regarding the issue. i.e If that conditions fails I am stooping the test case not doing the tests further.

thanks and regards

SivaKartheek Sreeram

7 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

You could use the "OnUnexpectedWindow" event handler... but I prefer your method...it's not an "unexpected window", you're expecting it and you need to execute the proper code...

sivakarthik
      Contributor

Dear tristaanogre,

Thank you, Actually I am trying to check the pop-uped window buttons i.e Yes, No and Close. if I click No or Yes or Close Button the pop-uped window has to be closed and basing on the button clicked the main editor will perform according to that action.

What  I am trying to do is , if it fails it will generate error and pop-uped window will not be closed. So, I am trying to close these pop-uped windows and continue the tests.

Did you get my point now ?

can I use these windows as "OnUnexpectedWindow" for fail cases ?

thanks and regards

SivaKartheek Sreeram

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Most windows will also support the "Close()" method or something similar.  Examine the window in Object Spy and see if there is a close method associated with it.  That's what I would attempt to use on a fail... you'd need that anyway in the event handler... but I don't think the event handler is what you should use for this situation.