Closing all the windows if it fails and continue the tests

SOLVED
Contributor

Closing all the windows if it fails and continue the tests

Hello every one,

Rough code: 

obj.Close()

if not client.WaitWindow("TMessageForm", "Warnung", 1).Exists:
         Log.Checkpoint("Modification Test 1 - with out .i.o.")
else:
error = "\n"
Log.Error("Modification Test 1 - with out  Fails", error)

obj. VCLObject("No").ClickButton()

and do the stuff............

cond.......

My question is, if the code executes at else condition the pop up window will be exist and I can close it by using yes select and click button but, Iam thinking is there any other way to close the pop-uped windows during the test ?

if so where can i find some examples so that I will learn about it.

if anybody have please let me know

Thanks and Regards

SivaKartheek Sreeram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: Closing all the windows if it fails and continue the tests

Thanks any way for the info. I got an another idea regarding the issue. i.e If that conditions fails I am stooping the test case not doing the tests further.

thanks and regards

SivaKartheek Sreeram

7 REPLIES 7
Community Hero

You could use the "OnUnexpectedWindow" event handler... but I prefer your method...it's not an "unexpected window", you're expecting it and you need to execute the proper code...

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Contributor

Dear tristaanogre,

Thank you, Actually I am trying to check the pop-uped window buttons i.e Yes, No and Close. if I click No or Yes or Close Button the pop-uped window has to be closed and basing on the button clicked the main editor will perform according to that action.

What  I am trying to do is , if it fails it will generate error and pop-uped window will not be closed. So, I am trying to close these pop-uped windows and continue the tests.

Did you get my point now ?

can I use these windows as "OnUnexpectedWindow" for fail cases ?

thanks and regards

SivaKartheek Sreeram

Community Hero

Most windows will also support the "Close()" method or something similar.  Examine the window in Object Spy and see if there is a close method associated with it.  That's what I would attempt to use on a fail... you'd need that anyway in the event handler... but I don't think the event handler is what you should use for this situation.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.

Extensions available
Contributor

Dear tristaanogre,

Thankyou, even I have used the same thing in my routine.

For example: Close button test , if I click on the close button and satisfied the conditon it's fine but  incase it not satisfies then  I can't use the obj.Close() options right.

Rough Code:

if action == '"close":

if  not  obj.Exists:

Log.CheckPoint()

else:

Log.Error()

obj.Close() ## Here I can't use the same option which I am checking right ?

elif action == "no"

if not obj.Exists:

Did you get my point now ?

thanks and Regards

SivaKartheek Sreeram

Highlighted
Community Hero

Yup, got the point... my answer does not change.  I think you're handling this the best you can.  

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Extensions available
Contributor

Thanks any way for the info. I got an another idea regarding the issue. i.e If that conditions fails I am stooping the test case not doing the tests further.

thanks and regards

SivaKartheek Sreeram

Community Hero

@sivakarthik wrote:

thanks and regards

SivaKartheek Sreeram

That's actually a valid solution... generally, does the rest of the test case make sense to continue if a fundamental step fails?  IMO, I usually do the same...  Doesn't make sense to continue a test of an earlier condition fails as it could make any other results invalid.

Glad to help!

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors