Forum Discussion

kimmyh51
Contributor
12 years ago

More Problems with latest TC 9 Patch - IE Browser Mapping is not aligned to object

Has anyone else had this issue? I will try and attach a vide clip explaining it as its a big difficult to describe.

I will post with support as well but lately they seem to be taking a long time to reply and as I am on a different time zone, I usually have found a resolution myself by the time they do.

Ive had this in the past and it was on Chrome and a patch was what fixed it - however I have just checked and there are no patches at all in the downloads page for IE so I dont know what to do next I have restarted and refreshed mapping and all the usual stuff with no luck

I have a lot of web browser mapped objects which have been mapped that way for some time and I have not updated my browser from its current version (9) recently.  Last Friday this script and the name mapping worked perfectly - the first tiem I attempted to run a script today this happened.

I have been finding loads of things like this happening with test complete, all since the most recent update.  Other examples include:

Mapped objects suddenly not being recognised (fixed by restarting my pc - the mapping is correct and it works fine. then stops working, i restart pc and it works again, I make no changes at all to the mapping during this.

Not waiting for objects

Not recognising changes in object property even when refreshall alias statement is placed directly before the wait statement - I have been watching as scripts run and the object is on screen, visible, mapped correctly etc, but if statements or loops are ignored as if the object were not visible.  If I run the same script and step through it slowly it will work (the scripts are timing the amount of time for a page to load etc, so I cant put in delay statements)

I am now going to attempt to load a video fo this happening, in the hope someone here has a solution that will work as I dont really want to wait the rest of the week for a reply from support

If I cant upload a video i will reply and try a screenshot instead

5 Replies

harnek
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Kim,

As a quick check, is IE 9 zoom set to 100% ? You can hit Ctrl zero to set it to that.

I believe that affects object mapping during runs.

Good luck,

S. Harnek

Perth, OZ
  • turns out i cant upload a video so i have included a screenshot of what happens when I move my mouse over the test complete forum page with the object spy on.  the same mis-alignment occurs when I select 'highlight item', and as a result button clicks are occuring off the button

I did not map it this way - It wouldnt even be possible for me to do so.  I am running IE9 and have the lastest test complete

has anyone encountered this and know how to fix it? thanks
  • Note to smartbear support I have logged this as a support ticket (highest priority as I cannot do any testing till its fixed) and included the asf videos there - they show me clicking on the object spy then moving the mouse around a smartbear page, and the same thing on the tested app page.....
  • YES!

Thank you Harnek - that was the problem - Now I just need to figure out the best way to set the zoom to 100% at the start of any test run (as I tend to zoom in and out a lot when viewing things on this pc)
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Kim,

As Perth said, Ctrl + 0 sets the zoom of the browser to 100%. So, you can call the following code at the beginning of the test: