Forum Discussion

vonbailey
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Changing the Target Server through Scripts

Is it possible to change the Target Server through scripts?  I have three different domains (QA, Staging & Production) and I need to run the same testing on all three.  Currently I have to record a task for each environment and I would like to simply run a script in which I can choose the environment I wish to run the task in via a menu using the same task which simply points to the correct environment.

6 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Von,

Doesn't the TargetServer property of the Task work for you (see the "Changing the Tested Server" help topic for more details)?
    vonbailey
    Occasional Contributor
    Sorry, my bad.  I should have checked the help data before coming here.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

von
  • Hi

I am facing the same issue in TC 8.

I have followed the instruction at "Changing the Tested Server" help topic, changed target server in task editor, checked "Correct Host Field" at the test element. But still not working. I trap the traffic using fiddlers and found that it still referring to my original target server.

I have upload my project in my previous message. You can get it from there.

Please advice. Thank you
  • Hi

I also tried to do this with scripting, but also hit error

Sub AAA

TargetServer = "vsmrnd"

Set task = LoadTesting.HTTPTask("ViewPayslipTask")

task.TargetServer = TargetServer

Set user = LoadTesting.CreateVirtualUser("User1")

user.Station = LoadTesting.Stations(0)                              

user.Task = task

Set testInstance = LoadTesting.CreateTestInstance("Test1")

user.TestInstance = testInstance

testInstance.Run "Test1"

End Sub
  • OK, I found my mistake. It is because my target server is not point to the "right" one when recording. That why when I change it the changes not apply to the rest