Forum Discussion

coharness
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago

Cannot find dotNET child objects

I have a project that I was able to run in TestComplete 12. I recently installed TC 14 onto a new computer and copied the scripts into a new project. Now, I'm getting a JavaScript runtime error that the object I'm trying to use is undefined.

My code is simple:

dotNET.System_Management_Automation.PowerShell.Create().AddScript(command).Invoke()

but now it can't even compile because the System_Management_Automation object is undefined.

I did add the System.Management.Automation assembly to the CLR Bridge as instructed here. The code completion window shows absolutely nothing for dotNET after I hit the period (it does autocomplete dotNET, nothing after).

What am I missing to get PowerShell functional again?

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Double check the bitness of your assembly and of TestComplete.  TestComplete, by default, creates shortcuts to run the 64-bit version of the tool.  If your assembly is 32-bit version or you don't have the bitness set up properly, that could be causing your issue.

coharness
      Occasional Contributor

It appears that the library is 32 bit. I tried running the test with the "preferred architecture of the assembly hosting process to be" both 32 and 64 bit, but neither worked.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

As mentioned, TestComplete may also be running as 64-bit.

What happens if you close out TC and run the TestComplete.exe executable from 

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\Bin

That should be the 32-bit version.  See if that allows you to see the object.s

coharness
      Occasional Contributor

Yes, that was one of the first things I checked. The extension was already installed.