Forum Discussion

madnut
Contributor
14 years ago

Cannot copy the remote log. Out of memory - and related questions

Hi,

When running Network Suite I've got the 'Cannot copy the remote log. Out of memory' after test execution is finished. So I have several questions regarding this:

1. What is the cause of the issue and how it can be fixed (or how to avoid it)? 

Is it related to this one: http://smartbear.com/forums/forum/post/?mode=singleThread&thread=91af06c3-9a97-4188-889d-6e856bfd9bc7

2. If I have such issue, then how can I access the log without manual copying/attaching it to master machine?

3. If I specify '[Do not copy]' log option in Task properties, then how can I access the log from the slave machine? It shows me just that results have(or don't have) errors and thats it. So, the only way is to manually copy them, right?

4. If slave machine uses the same project as master one (using network path, e.g. \\Master\\Tests\Project.pjs), so the results are already present on the master machine after test run, how can I access them without manual attaching to master project? When I configure task to copy them I again face with the same out of memory error as was mentioned before.

Thanks,

Oleksiy

1 Reply

• Hi Oleksiy,

1. The 'Cannot copy the remote log. Out of memory while expanding memory stream' error (I guess, this is its full text you saw) you're getting is not related to the one described in the thread you mentioned. Please execute your network suite again to reproduce the error. After the execution is completed, check and let me know the size of the log folder that was generated after the execution on the Slave PC. Note that in the project suite folder, there're two 'Log' folders - the first one (the project suite log folder) resides in the same folder as the '<project_suite_name>.pjs' file does, the second one (the project log folder) - where the '<project_name>.mds' file. So, if your task runs a project suite, check the size of the most recent log folder residing in the project suite log folder, in other cases (I mean if your task runs, say, a project or a script routine), check the size of the most recent log folder that resides in the project log folder. BTW, we are aware of the issue similar to yours. Currently, we're working on it.

2. In this case, you can either view logs on the slave machine, or manually copy them to the master machine and add them to the master project (or to any project you want) using 'Add | Existing Log File...' of the context menu that appears after you right-click a log entry in the 'Project Explorer' panel.

3. Yes.

4. You can only add existing log files manually.