Forum Discussion

jacklee
New Contributor
13 years ago

Can't support Kerberos authentication

Hi, when I simulate Kerberos authentication for load testing, the task tell me that credentials is invailds, see the attachment please.

Our system uses Kerberos authentication, From TestComplete Help Book, we know this authentication type is supported, i have add the server machine and client machine in LoadTest item, including their domain, login user and password, please tell us how to resolve this issue, thank you

3 Replies

• Hello Jack,

The server response on your screen shot does not indicate a problem actually. The screen shot shows your recorded task, and the response you are looking at was captured during recording. The authentication process has several steps, and the first step is expected to get the Unauthorized response.

When accessing some resource the requires authentication, 3 requests happen and they are captured in the recorded task - the first and the second requests will have the 401 Unauthorized response, and the third will have the actual resource returned by the server. This is normal, and this is how the authentication works.

If you are not getting warnings during the test execution, this means that everything is fine.
    jacklee
    New Contributor
    Hello Alex,

Thanks for your quickly response, I run this recorded script, and you can get the information from seeing the attachment, it is warning when i run. But the request 0-2 of connection is ok, i don't  know it is ok or not? Another question, Kerberos is Intergration Windows authentication, should we simulative this through using many machines and add many domain users?

And the authentication type is Negotiate no Kerberos, why?
  • Hi Jack,

But the request 0-2 of connection is ok, i don't  know it is ok or not?

A request is considered successful, if the status code of a response to it matches to the recorded value. IAC, similar authentication issues can happen if incorrect credentials are used, so obtain them from responsible persons.

Another question, Kerberos is Intergration Windows authentication, should we simulative this through using many machines and add many domain users?

TestComplete can distribute HTTP load tests, so they can be run on several machines - please refer to the HTTP Load Testing Remote Agent help topic.

However, TestComplete can store authentication information only for one user per server. We have an appropriate suggestion in our DB, and your query has increased its rating.

And the authentication type is Negotiate no Kerberos, why?

This depends on the server configuration - please contact its administrator for details.

BTW, you can try our another SmartBear tool that is concentrated on HTTP load testing - LoadComplete.