Forum Discussion

hshams
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Can't launch TestComplete/TestExecute using Windows Task Scheduler

I cannot run TestComplete/TestExecute through Task Scheduler in Windows. I tried running Adobe Reader through Task Scheduler, it opened up. I am using the same settings to open TestComplete, but not sure why it's not launching through Task Scheduler. I have attached the settings I am using, please take a look at it and let me know, what I am missing.

I have attached the document with the settings I am using.

If I disable the option "Enable support for testing Windows Store applications" in TestComplete, I can launch TestComplete through Task Scheduler, but then TestComplete doesn’t recognize the WndClasses that I added in MSSA under project properties.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hina

5 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

Which version of test complete are you running? There was an issue at one point that running TC or TE from the command line (essentially what Task Scheduler does) would not work with the windows store application support turned on, but it has since been fixed. I don't know off the top of my head which version this was fixed in though.

hshams
      Occasional Contributor

I am using TestComplete 12.30.1651.7 which is the latest version.

NisHera
        Valued Contributor

Do you have Administrator privileged...?

• What is the action you are using in the scheduler.

Try Launching TC directly from cmd. If you are able to do so then u can try saving the command in a .vbs file. Double click and see if it works. Later u can run this from scheduler.

Regards

Osaid

hshams
      Occasional Contributor

I tried launching the testcomplete through command line and then I saved that command as a .bat file and I was able to launch the TestComplete through Task Scheduler. I think the problem was the Task Scheduler was using SYSTEM as a user to launch TestComplete.

Thanks for your help.