cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only event specific screenshots be added to the log ?

SOLVED
pmalichenko
Occasional Contributor

Can only event specific screenshots be added to the log ?

Hi,

I was wondering if I can add/keep only event specific (i.e failed step) screenshots in the log file ? Right now I pretty much have a screenshot for every single event/mouse click, which results in a large file when exporting the results, and this is something I would like to avoid.

Thanks,

Pavel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hkim5
Staff

Re: Can only event specific screenshots be added to the log ?

for failed test cases:
1) tools -> current project properties -> visualizer -> choose those off options

hkim5_0-1618599619769.png

2) tools -> current project properties -> log -> make sure that checkbox is checked.

hkim5_1-1618599692765.png

----------------

if you want to get even more granular (about the prerequisite condition of posting a picture to the log), that will take some scripting effort by using event handlers to trigger the action of doing something like pic =SomeObj.Desktop.Picture() and then posting with Log.Picture(pic, "some message about this pic") based on the test engine event that you selected as the event handler. 

Best,
Justin Kim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
hkim5
Staff

Re: Can only event specific screenshots be added to the log ?

for failed test cases:
1) tools -> current project properties -> visualizer -> choose those off options

hkim5_0-1618599619769.png

2) tools -> current project properties -> log -> make sure that checkbox is checked.

hkim5_1-1618599692765.png

----------------

if you want to get even more granular (about the prerequisite condition of posting a picture to the log), that will take some scripting effort by using event handlers to trigger the action of doing something like pic =SomeObj.Desktop.Picture() and then posting with Log.Picture(pic, "some message about this pic") based on the test engine event that you selected as the event handler. 

Best,
Justin Kim

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors