Forum Discussion

David91
Frequent Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Black Box only after click to textbox via Remote desktop - WINDOWS 10 RMD

Please help me.

When connected over a remote desktop on WINDOWS 10 PC (with Testcomplete 11.20 version 1491) , a black box (see on picture) always flickers when you run a test (or recording test) a textbox click action.

If I run the test directly on the monitor, without a remote connection, the black box is not displayed ..

Some advice how to solve it? Note: everything is ok on windows 7 and on same Testcomplete version

• David91 thank you for clarifying this.

You can try the following - take a screenshot or record a short video on the machine where TestComplete is installed. My best guess is - you won't see the black box.

As I said previously, this should not affect your tests in any way :smileyhappy:

8 Replies

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you Marsha!

Hi David91 , I see that the prodcut version is quite outdated. Could you try updating to the newer version and check if the issue is still there for Windows 10? 

If that doesn't help then please follow Marsha's advice of contacting support.

Thank you.

David91
      Frequent Contributor
      I try version 12 and 14, but still same problem. I so update gpu on remote pc...
        sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

David91 I see.

As far as I understand, this black box is an artifact related to the remote desktop connection, not TestComplete itself. So, most probably it does not affect the remote machines where the tests are actually running. 

So, it should not affect the testing.

Could you please clarify the issue. Are you facing any errors or freezes because of that black box?