cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation fails to perform an action sometimes

Occasional Contributor

Automation fails to perform an action sometimes

Hi, 

I have implemented an automation test script for the desktop application. But on the specific step, the automation test execution fails to perform the action. Like in the script I am performing an action to write to a text file from my application.

1 REPLY 1
Community Hero

Re: Automation fails to perform an action sometimes

Intermittent problems in executing an action are usually related to what is sometimes called a "timing" issue.  Automation runs FASTER than human interaction and, unless told to, does not take into account any queues from the application as to whether or not the control intended to be acted upon is available.

Please check the help documentation concerning "Waiting" for controls.https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-objects/common-tasks/waiting-process-or-window-a...

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview