Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alter Image Check Point validation

SOLVED
Contributor

Alter Image Check Point validation

Hi,

I am running tests that use image checking.  The colours are coming in different.  Is there a way to alter the pixel and/or colour tolerance level after the test has been recorded ??

Thanks

Lee Donovan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Alter Image Check Point validation

In your code, the 2273 and the 255 are your pixel and color tolerances respectively.  Check out the documentaiton at https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/project-objects/items/stores/region/check....

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
8 REPLIES 8
Community Hero

Yes.  Everything can be altered after recording.

2019-08-12 10_30_32-TestComplete - C__MySource_Sandbox_Sandbox.pjs.png

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.

Extensions available
Contributor

Thanks Robert,

But how do I open that "Operation Parameter" widow ?  I have looked but can't find it.

Lee

Community Hero

Click in the value field in the keyword operation.  This should reveal an ellipses button.  Click that and it brings up the screen.

2019-08-12 11_01_52-TestComplete - C__MySource_Sandbox_Sandbox.pjs.png

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Extensions available
Contributor

Thanks, but I am writing scripts in JavaScript, not keyword tests.

Lee

Community Hero

Please share the code, then, so we know what method you're using for image comparisons as there are several.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Extensions available
Contributor

"Success" is a boolean...

Success=Regions.Weekday_Route_Typed.Check(Regions.CreateRegionInfo(Aliases.browser.BrowserWindow.Chrome_Legacy_Window, 182, 522, 1287, 53, false), false, false, 2273, 255);

if (Success == true)......

Highlighted
Community Hero

In your code, the 2273 and the 255 are your pixel and color tolerances respectively.  Check out the documentaiton at https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/project-objects/items/stores/region/check....

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Extensions available
Contributor

ah, I knew it was there somewhere I just could not put my hands on it..

Thank you very much for your patience and guidance !!

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win