Forum Discussion

prateeksharma
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

All Objects properties are changed after upgrade application version to .net framework 4.6.1 & TC12

I am facing issue after I have updated my desktop application and system .net version to 4.6.1 and TestComplete to 12. Previously its working fine. Also new object properties seems very less as compared to previous object one in object browser.

Refer attached screenshot

8 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Open your project properties > Open Applications > General and move NativeClrObject to the top of the list. Does this help?

prateeksharma
      Occasional Contributor

Not working. After making this change test complete unable to expose objects under form

Properties of the form in which other objects not exposed

wndClass= Internet Explorer_Server
      ClrClassName= KeyboardEventsNativeWindow
      ClrFullClassName = Hyland.Canvas.Controls.WebBrowserEx+KeyboardEventsNativeWindow

joseph_michaud

You have two variables in play here:  a change to TestComplete 12 and a change to .NET 4.6.1.

I've seen a similar problem with TestComplete 11.31 and a change to .NET.  Try going back to TestComplete 11.31 and your previous version of .NET.  Verify that that problem does not exist.  Change .NET and check if the problem appears.  (I suspect it will.)  Now try TestComplete 12 and check that the problem still appears.

Open a support case.  There is a patch (CC-6531) to TestComplete 11.31 that may (or may not) fix the problem but you'll need to investigate this with the support team.  Further investigation would then be required for TestComplete 12.